Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Honda Jazz – Perfect for the Minibreak


It’s been a great day, in fact it is my 18th, I have just got a job, just past my driving test and my Granddad has given me his old car as a birthday present, it’s a Honda Jazz. All in all a great day!

Ok so it’s a few years old now, 52 plate, pale blue, he bought it when they first came out in about 2002. But there’s over 90,000 miles on the clock, as he did quite a bit of driving about Somerset, visiting friends and family. He says it’s been a great car, faultless, practical, reliable, efficient, roomy, safe and economical. In fact he likes it so much he is buying another brand new Honda Jazz for himself. From the same place he got this one from, Howards in Taunton, so this is why he can give me his old one. I know it’s not the coolest of cars for a young person to be driving around in (no thrill factor). But non of my friends have a car, so if anyone starts teasing me about having an old man’s car then I guess they’ll be walking. 
Honda Jazz


So next weekend I am driving to Exmouth from Taunton with a few friends for a mini break, before I start my new job, and I’ll be driving in my 
Honda Jazz. Which incidentally has a huge boot, plenty of room for our bags and camping stuff. I must admit I am a bit nervous, as I have never driven on the motorway before. Plus I have not driven granddad’s car before either. Although I have sat in it many times as a passenger and I always liked the fact that the driving position is higher than most other cars, making it easier to see the road ahead.  

The weekend of the trip came and I picked up my friends, I did not let on that I was nervous about driving all that way on the motorway. Thankfully they did not notice and we arrive safe and sound, if not a little flustered.   


No comments:

Post a Comment